need me a new bp blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Mar 30, 2004.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

I have a pb-400e right now, i was Just woindering who on here has one of these? and secondly this summer i would like to get one more powerfull and lighter. Mine is the all metal echo. What would yall reccomend for a good blower for doing leaves and lowing off drives and stuff?? I would also like to get an idea of what it is going to cost me?? Thanks guys!!! snapper

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Boy! this ones' been hashed over ad-nausium. Use the search function, Keyword "blower"and you will get more info than you know what to do with.

For what it's worth, I have a Redmax 7001 and it is the most powerful blower I have ever used. I wouldn't say that it's exactly light though.

3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

redmax, echo shindaiwa..all good brands. . do a search, check prices...not really sure exactly what you want.

4. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

Huff & puff and blow those clippings off the sidewalk.

Equipment Cost $0.00

5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Believe it or not, those olde 400e's weigh as much or more than a 7001, just have half the power though.

6. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

at least get a broom, you can get one for less than $10.

or, just mow on really windy days.:D

7. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

i like kawasaki

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

upgrade to more power. I used pb 400's for years, and another similar power model after that. When I got a PB 650 my eyes were opened to how much faster I got things done. I've had some annoying problems with it in terms of quality, but it is powerful. Can't believe I'm saying this, but the Echo pb 603 is close in power and much lighter. I couldn't resist getting one on Ebay for cheap, even though I "swore off" them last year. We'll see if I get what I paid for or if I got a bargain.