Need Mini Z Warranty info

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Terra-Turf, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Terra-Turf

Terra-Turf LawnSite Member

I have a 2005 Hustler Mini Z with about 18 hr on it. I have noticed occasionally that there is a shiny spot of liquid on the rear of the gas tank. It’s not always there but I have kept an eye on it thinking that I might have a hydro leak or something. I haven’t been able to determine what was causing the spot until today when I noticed a strong gas smell coming from the mower. I don’t know why I never noticed the gas smell but it’s quite obvious it’s the cause. It’s almost as though the gas is seeping through the poly tank. I can’t find any holes in the tank and, the area of seepage is 4 or 5 inches in diameter. Is this a warranty item or will I be stuck with finding a solution to the problem on my own?

I haven’t exactly been lucky lately; I have also disabled the mower by running over a small piece of glass and puncturing the tire. I have had many, many, motorcycles, ATV’s, and lawn mowers, as well as automobiles, but I have never seen a tire get sliced open by a small piece of glass. This flat piece of glass cut a 1 inch slice in the tire, I don’t know if it’s even worth trying to fix with a hole that size. Are there better tires available which will eliminate the likelihood of this happening again? Is there a warranty which covers premature tire failure?

Thanks for your help,

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you suspect a fuel leak, discontinue the use of the mower immediately and call your dealer, safety first!
    As to the tire matter, any tire could be affected by what happened to you, I can not imagine a better tire that would prevent this from happening.
    There is not a tire or mfg warranty out there that is going to cover a puncture type failure that I am aware of.