1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need more accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, Aug 26, 2006.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My 1500 flyers went great. got calls from them. Landed 7 got 1 old customer back from before.
    I sent out my refferal with my invoices.
    What else can I do to land more customers. My current customers are very happy with my work.
    Do I go out and get more flyers made and pass them out? I dont have alot of money to spend on advertising so Im kinda stuck on that part.
  2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Go door to door. It sounds silly, but it works. Go in neighborhoods that you have customers. You say that your customers are happy. Go to their neighbors and introduce yourself. Let them know that you maintain Mr. & Mrs. So & So's lawn and that you would like the opportunity to maintain theirs as well. Let them know that their neighbors are very pleased with the service and that they can feel free to ask them.
  3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Back to the top
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Have you tried asking for referrals? Anything else you can do for the ones you have now?
  5. D & J Lawn Care

D & J Lawn Care LawnSite Member

does area have The Flyer if so it really works good in the bay area
  6. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

The flyer in the Tampa area works great for lowball lawn services.
    Welcome to the great Florida over populated lawn service industry.

In April we started losing high priced customers to cheap services. I knew this day would come when there are so many LCO that we would have to change our entire way of doing business.
    I also knew that one day I would have to decide if there is life after lawn service. Maybe thats what you should do?

Here in Tampa area I have seen an explosion of new LCO, not just a few new one's but a very large number and the sad thing is most of these guys have no imagination when it comes to their business or the name.
    Here is what I see.

Steves lawn service, Petes lawn service, C&C lawn service, M&M lawn sevice,
    G&J lawn service....Geeeez come on put some thought into the name.
    Then I see them working and that cracks me up too.

Here is what we did, in April we lost up to $2,000 a month in revenue, I changed 90% of my business. I didnt wine and cry here on this forum. I sat down and took a good look at the industry and told myself "I dont like the way this industry is heading. So we made a change with our own business.
    I increased revenue by $8,000. a month. My customers that complain about my price, I let them go and I dont even bother telling them why.

Im not going to give out my secret to what I did. No one ever told me how to make money and run a business. If you cant solve problems on your own you have no business being in business for yourself.

I managed 12 restaraunts before lawn biz. All I knew was food and service and numbers.
    I didnt even know how to change a sparkplug when we started. :hammerhead:
    When we started our biz the web was just getting started in the civilian sector. If I didnt know something I figured it. There were no forums to post on.
  7. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

If your customers are really happy with your work, the referrals will start to come in.
  8. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I keep hagtags in my truck. At the beginning of every season I hang a few near my current customers. I've gottena few that way.

Also, as you're riding through the neighborhood, look for homes that have just sold. Stop by, introduce yourself and give thema business card and a free quote.

Contact you local real estate compnaies and give them a stack of your cards.
  9. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

1500 fliers is just a start. keep putting them out every chance you get.
  10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

what in the world is a hagtag???