need more business

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by hdhillin, Jun 4, 2004.

1. hdhillin

hdhillin LawnSite Member

Hello All, I am new to this site. I am very impressed with all of you helping each other. I started my business this season. I work full time in law enforcement so I can only work part time. I need ideas of getting more yards to mow. I purchased signs and have place them in various areas on the westside, like near Argyle and Oakleaf Plantation, 103rd street areas. I live off of Chaffee road. The problem is that I have noticed someone takes up my signs within 2 days on most places where I place them. I always place them in areas where when the city would mow they would be well out of their way yet visible to the driver passing by. I placed out flyers in Oakleaf in early November. I started out the season with about 7 accounts every other week. Three of them have dropped off due to finacial reasons. I feel that I charge reasonably not more than 40 for a very large yard and 30 for a small yard. I work alone, as I said only want to work part time. I would like 10 accounts but seem to be having problems getting business. For information the name of my business is "Lawn Enforcement Services". Any information that someone can give me would be great.

2. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

welcome Lawn enforcement services

I just started my business this year. I live in the argyle area. I have about 12 accounts, mostly in the Mandarin area. I was depending on word of mouth to grow my business. I am not getting very many calls. I was thinking about putting business cards in sandwich bags and throwing them in Drive ways. I was going to target the back area of Argyle where there are new homes being built. I also noticed a new neighborhood going up on Morse ave, just as you cross the 295 overpass that I was thinking about targeting. I am too going to try the 30 dollar minimum for a yard. I am taking this first year strictly to learn and not putting to much pressure on my self to make money. Just enough to break even, then after a year or two I will strive to make more money. Maybe we will run into each other one day, good luck and keep in touch.

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

get business cards made up if you don't have them. ask local business' if you can leave some cards for their customers. church bulletins are good places to advertise. have flyers made up and get out and walk them (don't put them in mailboxes or in baggies thrown from a car). i actually have a friend who owns a pizza restaurant here and i made a deal with them to fold boxes for them and glue my flyer to the top of the box. home delivered billboards!