need more lift on 52'' HP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ABrown, Jun 8, 2004.

1. ABrown

ABrown LawnSite Member

I bought a new 52'' Lazer Z HP last fall great machaine but it leaves alot of stagelers any sugestions on trying different blades or should I check for anyting else. Thanks Alan

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Abrown,

There are several things that can cause stragglers. Will blades help? You bet. The solid airfoil blade should make a noticeable difference. You should also check engine rpms and the deck idler. Anything that could reduce blade tips speed can make a significant difference in the number of stragglers you see.

Check the deck idler very throughly, keep your deck rake in the 1/8" range, engine rpm should be set at 3600 with the blades engaged but not in the grass and put on a set of solid air foil blades and the machine should be awesome.

Thanks,

Terry

3. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

how do you check the rpm, I know with a tach, but where do I put the tach

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Soccerlawn,

It really depends on the tack. Some require that you place a clamp on a spark plug wire, others that you wrap a small wire around a spark plug wire etc. The type we use here you simply point at a spark plug wire and they read the rpm's.

Thanks

Terry

5. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the help Terry

6. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

soccerlawn, i just ordered and received my tach from tinytach.com on this model, you wrap one lead around the plugwire boot and hook the other to ground. it has a resetable hour meter for maint. recording and then shows rpm when the engine is running. i paid 36.95 + shipping for mine and had it delivered UPS ground. took alomst a week to get it using that delivery method.

go to http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach.html

TT226R-2C is the model number of the one you'll need if you want the resetable hour meter.

7. ABrown

ABrown LawnSite Member

Thanks Mike and Terry I will try some of those blades and get one of those tach. Thanks a bunch this site is the best.

8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bolt on some solid foils, crank the RPM's to 3750, and rake the deck 1/8" and your straglers should all but disappear!!!!!

9. ABrown

ABrown LawnSite Member

ThanksEJK2352 I'm headed out right now to get some of those blades and check the tip speed since. It's Raining this morning so I'll have some time to try to get them on today. Thanks agian Alan

10. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

What is deck rake and how do you adjust it?