need more lift

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by GrassmasterB, Jul 17, 2006.

1. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

i have a 36'' mini z and im running the production blades which are low lift. im cutting mostly st augustine and some bahia. on st augustine the blades are fine but on bahia its leaving stringers everywhere. my other mower which is a wb of a different brand uses high lift blades and it leaves very few stringers. according to the reference chart there is no high lift option is there another blade that would give me more lift, such as the mulching blades. not sure what they look like. i dont like gators this time of year as they tend to pack the deck full of grass more when its wet. oh by the way im side discharging.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not sure about the stock blade being considered a low lift blade, I will check into that, regardless I will see what other options may be available.

Pj

3. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

i was matching the stock blades part #s to the sticky: blade reference and it showed the measurements along with the letters L-F-CW. i was assuming that meant low lift

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I know it says its a low lift blade, but it is also a Fusion blade, which from my understanding is a high lift, I am going to get some clarification on this.
    I also updated the blade reference today, it now shows your 36" Mini Z.

Pj