Need more light

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Rainman7, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I installed Unique Viking Lights on pilings and the customer loves them but would like a little more light out of them. The max rating says 20W. You thingk I can try 35W Xenon or take the frosted lens out but I dont think unique makes a clear lens. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ray

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I think you would be ok with the Xelogen lamp. It runs cooler. Don't know if that will void Uniques warranty though.

3. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Clear lenses yes...35's wont fit...you could try 20w halogens which will be a little cooler in kelvin temp vs the warmer Xelogen lamps....but if you want some clear lenses I may be able to help you out.....PM me your info and how many you need....

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Joey, why would a 35W G4 Bi-Pin Xenon lamp not fit? It has the same physical dimensions as a 20W Lamp.

Regards

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

My mistake, the 35w XENON Bi-Pin is not available in a G4 configuration, so it is in fact larger. The 35W Halogen G4 Bi-Pin is the same size as other G4 lamps. It will of course burn much hotter than a xenon lamp.

Regards.

6. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

We use a Xelogen lamp, a little different then a Xenon....regardless 35w is too hot a lamp for this fixture.