Need Mower Advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RollTide11, Apr 5, 2008.

1. RollTide11

RollTide11 LawnSite Member

I can get a Gravely 152M 2007 & a Hustler FastTrak Super Duty 48" 2008 both new for the same price ($6,000). Which is the better mower?

2. Macdiesiel

Macdiesiel LawnSite Member

Be Smart Buy a Exmark Lazer

3. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

We love our Gravely mowers. Think about getting the hydraulic deck lift. You'll be glad you did. These mowers are tough.

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I would go Gravely

5. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd take the gravely as well. That's a good price for it as there are no changes from 2007 to 2008 on that model. As for the hydraulic lift, I don't think it's available on that model. If I remember correctly lthe only 100 series you can get the hydraulic lift on is the 148XDZ.

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I think you can get it on the 152XDZ also but im not 100% sure.

7. RollTide11

RollTide11 LawnSite Member

The model I was looking at was not an XDZ do you still feel the same way about it over the hustler?

8. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

We don't run Hustlers, so I can't give you any reliable opinion on them. I can only tell you that the Gravely's are awesome machines. We have used the 152Zs and 148Zs and we have one 34Z for backyards with 36" gates. We also run Exmark Lazers. My guys are about evenly split in their preferences between the Exmarks and the Gravelys. Overall, I would rate the Gravely cut on a par with the Exmark.

9. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

The question was concerning $6,000 machines, only. They might not be able to afford a lazer at this time. :usflag:

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

All this said, it sounds like you should go with the Gravely !!