1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need Mower Help

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Habib55, May 23, 2012.

1. Habib55

Habib55 LawnSite Member

So I ended up buying the Bob Cat 36" Classic Pro!! Had to pull the trigger as the grass is high again. Thanks for your advice! Will keep you posted on how it cuts.

2. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Good choice. That's a tried and true classic and a well built mower. More than capable for a homeowner. You will also be amazed at how much better a commerical walk behind cuts than a traditional homeowner lawn tractor. Pick up a sulky for it if you ever get tired of walking. You'll be able to mow even faster than you can walk.

3. MS_SURVEYOR

MS_SURVEYOR LawnSite Bronze Member

Very Good Choice! Kind of neat how giving info and data can help someone make a decision.

[​IMG]

:drinkup:

4. Habib55

Habib55 LawnSite Member

I couldn't even sleep today as I am THAT excited about the mower coming in tomorrow and being able to mow my lawn!! Like Christmas Eve!!

5. MS_SURVEYOR

Funny, I was riding the country highway on my way home today when out of the corner of my eye I saw a Bob Cat green sulky in the high grass off the shoulder of the road. I'm going to look for that tomorrow as I ride to town and back. :rolleyes:

6. MS_SURVEYOR

I know what you mean. :drinkup:

7. Habib55

Habib55 LawnSite Member

So I cut my lawn as soon as the lawn mower was dropped off. That thing is a beast!!! But wow does it cut fast and smooth too! I noticed one problem/glitch: It seems to pull to the right more than the left. I checked the belt tensioner and they are both set at the same tension. When turning to the left its a breeze, but when I turn to the right it pulls super hard and fast! Damn near start running. Is that normal? I only had it in 1 and seond gear but mostly first to get used to it.

8. MS_SURVEYOR

I don't have one. But No! It's not supposed to do that. If it were me, I'd call the dealer up and have him adjust to tracking. I bet that Bob Cat is a beast!

How about some pictures?

9. Habib55

Habib55 LawnSite Member

I'll post pics once I get used to it. My striping wasn' the best today by any means. That damn turning threw me way off!! But soon. hope to recut by Either Tuesday or Wednesday.

10. Habib55

Habib55 LawnSite Member

So I downloaded the complete owner's manual and saw that I could try increasing the tire pressure on the side that "pulls" and decrease on the opposite side to help in tracking. Will give this a shot and see what happens. Seems logical, no?