1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need mowers!!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mch181, Aug 4, 2004.

1. mch181

mch181 LawnSite Member

Hi mower fans!
    I could use help on chosing a new z-turn or a walk behind. My pref's are: 1. I need @ least 36" deck. 2. I need a floating deck. 3. I would like a electric starter (maybe can be installed later) 4. I would like a Hydro trans. 5. I have about a 20 degree grade in my front yard (I dont want to tip and die!!!) OR YOU CAN CHOOSE AMONG THESE MODELS INSTEAD OF SEARCHING!! My models I have been looking at are: Exmark Viking, Hustler Super Walk Behind, Great Dane Gateway and last but not least, A J Deere Quiktrak 647. Also a Snapper Consumer Z (the 18/44!!) And all of the nice amazing GRAVELY'S!!! I would like pricing on all of these and what you guys prefer. Can you help me chose the cheapest or Best model Thanks EMAIL: CKingair351@aol.com
  2. Lawnboy112

Lawnboy112 LawnSite Member

You can try looking into Dixons. Great machines, not too expensive. You can get a 42" 15.5 HP Briggs for around 3200$ or a 36" 10HP Briggs for around 2500$ all are ZTRs. I love them. Just my two cents. Good luck.
  3. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

stick with the deere. or exmark ive found them to be the bst on hills and not to mention both are really good machines..... the only thing bout the deere 647 that bothers me is if not not mistaken the 647 is a stand on model? riding on a hill on a 657 i used to run did good but always felt awkward to me as though i might fall off since i was leaning.... kinda like the leaning tower of pizza...... other than that awkward feeling the mower did a fabulous job on the hill.... maybe its just me...