Need name for Lawn Service!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by joshlawn, Nov 8, 2002.

1. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

:dizzy: I have racked my brain for a week now, and I can't come up with any better name for a Lawn service than "Green leaf lawn service" which is pretty lame. I hate to even ask, but can any of you give me some advise or direction with the name process. The lawn service for which I need a name is just a basic mow and trim operation for my father:angel: who is needing extra income.
    Man, I'm just brain dead lately. Maybe the constant sun on my head has taken a toll on my brain.:D

JoshLawn

2. pilotcoplawnboy

pilotcoplawnboy LawnSite Member

Josh, just use the one you came up with. Make it "Greenleaf Lawn Care". Trust me, I have never know anyone to not get a job because of the name of their business. It's all about the way you do your business. I worked with my dad for 5 years before I even knew we had a name for our business. Of course this was 25 years ago when I was 10 years of age.

3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

How about your first and last name followed by "lawncare". Just a thought. Some people think that you need to have a "cute and catchy name" to get business. All I have ever used is my birth name followed by "lawncare" and have to turn business away. I agree people will care more about the quality of your work than you business name. Most people anyway. Good luck.

4. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

Thanks guys your probably right, I will just stick with what I have now.

JoshLawn

5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Josh,

It's a name dude, don't sweat it. I see good things coming from that name.

1. It's simple, easy to remember.
    2. Logo ideas, again simple and cheap to produce. All you need is the name in red or black or whatever color you like and a green leaf superimposed in the background, or off to the left side.

I've seen guys, LITERALLY, with trucks that looked like WWIII and equipment the same, with Bob's lawn mowing LITERALLY spray painted on the side of the truck. They were working.....go figure.

6. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

Hey, That was my truck!!!!! Kidding!

7. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

I agree.

8. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Using your own name for your company it's a good idea there's a feeling that your dealing with a person not just a company, but there's a lot of nice names that people remember pretty quick and are good for somebody that's just starting a business.

Lots of people said that my name it's hard to remember but at the same time lot's of people recognize my company because they haven't heard anything close before

Aztlan LawnScape, A cut above.....

9. B. Phagan

B. Phagan LawnSite Member

Some great ideas fellas......

I strongly believe your business name is critical to all your marketing and selling efforts.........my criteria on the name would be:

*Easy to remember (not A&B, B&O, etc)
    *Descriptive of what you do
    *Maybe sound a little bigger than what you are to accomodate most clients, then turn away, get a referral fee, team up with another co or sub out something you can't handle
    *Please don't go with names like "Affordable or Budget, etc
    * Use a logo that pertains to the environment as opposed to the obligatory tree, palm, etc.
    *Be different or unique
    * Separate yourself from the lawndogs

__________Outdoor Services

_________Grounds Management

Green Images of Tennessee (Knoxville)

Landcare Services, Inc.

Continue racking your brain........it's very important to your present and future success.

Let us know what you finally come up with...........

10. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

There is a company that I pass by all the time named Short Cut Landscaping. Probably not the best choice. Or for scrubs how about "undercutters lawn service."