1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Name For New Buisness !!!!!!help!!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by we'edeatr, Aug 24, 2005.

1. we'edeatr

we'edeatr LawnSite Member

I Am New To The Site. I Am Starting Up My Own Buisness Right Now.during The Fall Cleanup Season. Can Someone Please Help Me With A Name For My Buisness That Is Very Catchy.

Please Help
    Thanks Dave
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That's something YOU have to do yourself, brother, nobody can help you with the actual name BUT we might be able to help you between the choices.

So study the matter for a bit and come up with some choices, perhaps if you can then post said choices here, then someone will likely be able to hint which name might work best.
    Good luck.
  3. jc50292

jc50292 LawnSite Member

Dave, been there done that. A couple of suggestions: make it distinctive and easy to remember. There is a guy down here that used his last name in a very catchy way. His last name is Butler and the name of his business is "The Lawn Butler". Very catchy. Look around, there are plenty of ideas out there. Do a search on your state's Secretary of State website for corporation names. You don't want to name it something and have to change it in 6 months because someone else owns it.
  4. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

buddy of mine and his daughter use their last name. Acres & Acres Mowing.
    how about The Weed Whacker? just dont use Scrub Lawn Service. already someone using that name around my town.
  5. waffletown20

waffletown20 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Magic Mowing
  6. main street lawn care

main street lawn care LawnSite Member

What is the full aspect of your business? What type of services are you doing? Use names from your local towns, or street names, or family names....

I named mine Main Street Lawn Care. Nothing fancy, but it seemes to work.

Browse the internet and get an idea of other company names and decide if they sound good to you. that way you might get an idea of what sounds good and what does not.

Good Luck.
  7. we'edeatr

we'edeatr LawnSite Member

:help: We are starting up our buisness and are mainly going to specialize in the fall clean up since it is late in the year. But we are going to promote grass cutting ,tree trimming ,basic landscaping ,mulching ,fertilizing ,lawnmower (small engine) repair ,just about anything someone would pay to have done. I like the name weed wacker but we thaught of that and we were going to spell it we'd wacker since there is 2 of us. Any other suggestions would be great. Everyone thanks for your help.

Dave and Ryan
  8. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Im in the same boat, but need a enterprise name for a Subway reast Im opening, think B & L Stores because my name is Brandon wife is Lori??? plus we are buying more then 1 in years to come so Stores fit in good....
  9. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

we'd wacker sounds like something the mob would do to help you rid yourself of a naggin wife or old lady next door.
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I think the plain names work as well as the fancy ones, and I myself would stay away from getting too cute with it... After all, a funny name MIGHT attract funny customers, too.