Need new patio and driveway

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by jtsang2000, Apr 11, 2007.

1. jtsang2000

jtsang2000 LawnSite Member
    from 10514

Hi,

This seems to be a very informative web forum so I'm hoping someone can recommend a good stone installer and asphalt re-paver in the Westchester. NY (Chappaqua) area.

My budget is 15K for the entire job might as well be up front.

I'm looking to repave a pretty cracked asphalt driveway and install with belgium block borders on both side. I don't know the exact size of the drive way. But I have attached a pic of it.

Also, like to have my patio (currently paved with bricks and falling apart) removed and redone with either flagstone or bluestone. The size of the patio is about 500 sq ft. No special cut or shape, just a rectangle shape patio with 2 steps for entry out from the living room and the kitchen patio slider and also some inset spaced pavers steps on lawn that leads from the patio to the driveway.

Thanks.

IMAGE_035.jpg

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Its hard to judge the size of the driveway. If you were not adding beligan block curbing to the drive, i'd say your budget was right on the money. But with the curbing, i'd say you are in the 18-20k range.

3. jtsang2000

from 10514

mrusk, would the driveway repave include ripping out the old asphalt and resetting the ground with new gravels and asphalt. It seems that this would be the correct way of repaving a driveway.

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

That driveways gotta come out, new stone and compact. Not including the rip or prep, blacktop is about $1.30sqft rolled. :)

5. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

PAP - Is that an asphalt price installed ( not including demo ) ? $1.30 ft/2

6. paponte

Yeah, thats not including the ripout or prep. Thats to show up screed and roll.

7. jtsang2000

from 10514

pap --- do you figure 15K is still in reach for my new driveway and patio ?

8. jtsang2000

from 10514

paponte -- also, what would be the price per a sq ft including ripping and prep with new stone and compact?

9. paponte

Would need to know sqft of blacktop area, linear ft. of cobble. type of cobble, double, red, etc. :)

10. Branching Out

Branching Out LawnSite Member

I do rip, 4" of base, and pave 2" of asphalt at $2.00 sqft. with a $1800 minimum for blacktop.