Need new sneakers for the Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by CSLC, Jun 12, 2010.

1. CSLC

CSLC LawnSite Member

Hey Boys,

I need to get new tread for the truck. I have a 05 GMC 2500HD Ext. Cab 4x4. I want to go up one size on the tires from stock tires. I would like something that is a little more aggressive then a road tire I guess you could say I am looking for an all terrain. I am in site development. I don't do a lot of heavy towing. But I do a lot of driving on job site's that are muddy.....

2. tjbullet

tjbullet LawnSite Member

285's?
    BFG All terrain, BFG Mud terrain, Toyo Open Country A/T, Cooper Discover
    Most likely in that order for what most would need. But that's just my .02

3. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

Coastal Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

i would stick with an all terrain, mud tires just don't hold up as long. i have been in places with my Michelin at2 and they are just as good as the as when i had the copper discovery stt.

4. FiveOJoe

FiveOJoe LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I put Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors on my Silverado. They seem to be wearing like iron. Quiet on the road but an aggressive tread. Excellent in snow, okay (but not great) in the rain. The have a Kevlar belt that is supposed to withstand punctures.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  5. LKCLawnService

LKCLawnService LawnSite Member

good year ATS's are awesome

6. seabee1

seabee1 LawnSite Member

i have cooper atr's on my 2500hd and they work great for me ,plowing and road driving :usflag:

7. CSLC

CSLC LawnSite Member

I think stock are 245's I would like to go 265's

8. CSLC

CSLC LawnSite Member

I am looking at the BFG A/T, Cooper Discovery S/T, Goodyear wrangler Silent Armor

9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I've got BFG mud terrains now, I wouldnt recommend them. They wear way to fast..

I am going with BFG all terrains or MasterCraft Courser A/Ts next..

10. jimmyjack

jimmyjack LawnSite Senior Member

the 265s will still look small , go with the 285s , but you might need to trim a midge off the air dam , i ran 285s on mine for years , loved them , last year i got H2 rims and put them on with the 315s on them , they fit :clapping:(with a little more trimming) i love the look i dont think id go to anything smaller again....oh yea i dont have a lift