need new software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JasonPC, Sep 16, 2004.

1. JasonPC

JasonPC LawnSite Member

I've been using excel, word, access to manage my business. But it's really not cutting it anymore. I am doing my books and bills in excel. My contracts, letters in word. My database in access. I want a software that I can enter each day what my crews have done and it will automatically put it on a bill for that client so that when I go to bill at the end of the month all the services we've provided for that client is there already. It would also be nice to have a feature where I can enter all the jobs we have scheduled thus far. I want the bills to be attractive, easy to use and also need software that I can enter all of my receipts into for the end of the tax year to present to my acccountant. Are these pipe dreams? Thanks!

Jason

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the same boat as you, planning for next year. There are three sponsors which Sean has posted a link to all, and they all offer a free sample of the software to try out. see the link above, they're for Clip, Gopher, and Groundskeeper Pro. I'd say give them all a try, and see which is the best fit for you.
    I am doing this myself. And since I have not used any of them before, I can't say good, bad or other for the software itself, although my experience as far as help and support from Gopher has been nothing but excellent!

Hope this helps.

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

if you want a serious accounting package, start with quickbooks and add either Clip(specificly QClip) or Lawnmonkey(Qexpress i believe) for the routing and specifics to our industry. search on those two and you'll get some more detailed feedback.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi JasonPC,

Please consider visiting our site and downloading Gopher to try it out.

Thanks twins_lawn_care for the positive words :)

5. mitchellfeline

mitchellfeline LawnSite Member

Hi. I use GroundsKeeper Pro and it has been an excellent investment. Adkad now has a Guided Tour of GroundsKeeper Pro on their website. It will quickly introduce you to the business software's most used features. Here is a link to the Audio/Video Guided Tour: http://www.adkad.com/groundskeeper/gkprotutorials.htm. Good Luck!

6. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 LawnSite Member

I have been trying both Groundskeeper and Gopher. Right now with just a few days with the two of them I think that Gopher is easier to use and learn. I have not completely made up my mind but I am leaning toward Gopher. I just with Gopher would maybe have a Fall Software sale. (HINT! HINT!)

7. Four C. Landscaping

Four C. Landscaping LawnSite Member

I try ed the 30 day trial for Gopher and grounds keeper and found Gopher far easier to learn and more professional looking when I printed out my first estimates.the pro version ($399.99) has all the bells and whistles (not including snow plowing services).I hope this helps but I definitely download the 30 day free trial.Grounds keeper only handles 5 customers at a time.Gopher handles all that I have so the trial was far more accurate than grounds-keeper.

8. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

There are a lot of good products on the market to help you manage your business efficiently. I would demo some of them and see what you think. Quickbooks, Gopher, Clip, QXpress, Groundskeeper, and many others are available.
    I personally use Quickbooks Pro and QXpress by Alocet. All financial work is done in Quickbooks and scheduling/ batch invoicing is done in QXpress.