Need Nice prop. Pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PROCUT1, Jan 31, 2004.

1. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Heres what I'm looking for.

I'm in Fishkill New York, seem to be nowhere near anybody else on this site.

Ive been in business for over ten years and would you believe that my company maintains hundreds of homes weekly and I only have a couple of pictures of properties that I maintain.

I'm a strictly maintenance company with minor landscaping/mulch etc.....

I'm putting together some marketing materials and brochures and I need some pics of nice looking properties. Id love to take some of mine but I dont think it would look great with a foot of snow on the ground.

Looking for a couple of Pics that show off some real nice turf.

Ive seen a bunch on here but I would like to have permission to use one or two.

Anything that someone could post would be appreciated.
    Ill be taking a bunch of rolls of my own when the darn snow melts

2. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

I've attached a generic picture that true green uses along with thousands of other companies looking for generic royalty free use.

3. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy a digital camera and take your own pictures. That should have been done last year really. I know you said you will take a bunch of your own pics when the snow melts and I think that is the right idea.
    Contrary to that:
    I think it's pure bs to use a pic of work that one did not do themselves and pass it off as their own. I'm totally not picking on you, I'm just saying that's what I feel in general. It's false advertising to use the picture given, put it in your materials or on your site and make it seem like you are responsible for the lawn or landscaping shown. Again, when I say "you" I mean no one in particular, it's what I think of the whole idea. My 2 cents, no offense of course.
  4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 2 agree with lawnguy, you really should have taken pictures of your own accounts, but if you are going to use a picture that's not yours, I would say or explain to the customer
    "Here is a sample yard" or " As an example, this is what your property could look like" I would not try to pass it off as my own work. Don't know if you were even planning on doing that, but I'm just offering my 2 cents.
  5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Procut just asked for permission not for illfaded lesson on how he should have done things. This is winter and lots of people didnt carry cameras with them while mowing. This is a place where we try to help each other.
    Procut, do a search for "pictures". When you find ones you like, PM them for permission. Most will be happy to let you use. Im sure you know your capabilities and can choose picture equal to that. It a very common advertising method. Just gives potential clients a visual of what you can do for them.
  6. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Pro-Cut........

I'm in Stormville..... close enough to ya????

Howdy Neighbor:waving:
  7. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe I said exactly that, I did not acuse Procut of doing anything wrong, I simply stated that he should have taken his own pics and if he was planning on using the other pics that he should state that it is a sample yard, just like TruGreen and other companies do.I was offering a good piece of advice considering that in this day and age anyone will sue you for the smallest thing. So please don't offer others "lessons" of etiquette. I was trying to help this person out & was not trying to bash him.
    Just my 2 cents again:)
  8. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

You might beable to surf the web and get what your looking for.
  9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Personally I wouldnt use that "generic picture" posted above because theres nothing generic about the lawsuit you might get for using it without permission from the owner. Have to get caught though. Plenty of people on the net selling other peoples pics royalty free. Talk about return on investment.

I have thought about using that pic though with the company name "greenlawn chemtrue"
  10. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

So I cant use the pic above? Does anyone know for sure, I was going to use on a flyer.
    Maybe Ill have to get a really good pic of one of my accounts.