Need Opinion on Quick 36 mower .....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DC & Sons, Jul 21, 2008.

1. DC & Sons

DC & Sons LawnSite Member

Whats up guys .... I'm considering purchasing a Quick 36 Samurai mower from Better Outdoor Products. I really don't know much about them but I have read a lot of good things about them. Can I get some 1st hand feedback on it. Pros / Cons ????

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Use the search tool there is so much info on this mower!
    Personally I love mine, but you might want to check out the new quick Dually!

3. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Definitely do a search and read up on how this mower has made several of us a lot of money.

And yes, the new Dually 36 is a tremendous machine, and will last you a very, very long time.

Oh yeah, and it does like 8 MPH!! :walking:

:weightlifter:

4. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

Give them a ring (local # 336-768-6771). I'm sure they'd love for you to stop by their place here in Winston-Salem to have a look at the mowers up close and test drive them. Gary, Mike, and Tommy are great guys to deal with!

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Im thinking of the same mower so I will hang out on this thred

6. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

check out the new dullay they have know. it is everything you could ever want in a walk behind.

7. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

the new dually looks great. i am more interested in a quick 36 now. I am looking for a wb. i would like to hear the pros and cons too.

8. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Great mower and awsome customer service too.....you will be very pleased!!!!

9. *LB

*LB LawnSite Member

I'll throw in my 2 cents, but just to be clear, I'm a homeowner and I've been using the Q36 for about three months. Also, I've only used a couple other WB mowers before - so my comments should be viewed in that context.

Cons:
    • Stock hand grips are flimsy and slip off easily (I've since bought the upgraded hand grips and they're much better).
    • Rear height adjustment is cumbersome.
    • Excessive blow-out in the front of the mower (I improved that by fabricating a baffle system).
    • Single hydro requires some muscle when going sideways on hills (any single hydro will).
    • Reverse lever is a little stiff.
    • Vacuum performance with bagger could be stronger.

Pros:
    • Well-built, solid machine.
    • Easy handling and turning.
    • Light weight with a short wheel base - easy to maneuver and store.
    • Nice cut quality and stripes well (without stripe kit).
    • Plenty of power (I have the B&S engine).
    • Simple to maintain myself.
    • Excellent customer service.
    • Best over-all value for a single hydro mower that I could find.

On balance, I have been very satisfied with the Q36. It won't be the perfect mower for everyone, but I spent a lot of time researching mowers and I don't think you'll find a better hydro mower anywhere near that price.

10. david shumaker

david shumaker LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a quick 32. Cuts well...even high grass. Easy to work on. Changing height of cut takes a few minutes, but I leave it on 3" except for tall grass. Is a good mower for fairly flat yards, but does not handle good on slopes.....even slight slopes you have to struggle with it. My belt driven Exmark 36" walk behind handles better on slopes and turning.