1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need opinion

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by cclllc, Aug 26, 2007.

1. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I have a customer who has a basement home. He has a brick retainer wall going from the basement around to the front and ends about 12 ft from his sidewalk. He has areas on each side he wants to landscape and cover with river gravel. I plan to use the Windsor stones beginning where his wall ends and make 2 rows on each side of the walkway. My question is how high do I need to go to keep the gravel from washing down in a heavy rain. I know without seeing it is a stupid question. I thought there might be a rule of thumb as to the degree of slope you can work with. My guess is it is a 35 to 40 degree slope now. I haven't made pics yet as I just got the call a while ago. Thanks in advance. Oh,if you have any ideas for heat loving plants I'm all ears.
  2. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody got any ideas?
  3. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

I know you don't have any yet, but get some pics up. They'll help us visualize the site.