Need opinions on 36 or 48 inch Exmark WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David W, Aug 16, 2006.

1. David W

David W LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking to purchase a new walk behind and wanted some opinions on the Exmark Turf Tracer 36' or 48' with the quick adjusting deck.

Any thoughts or advice on this machine would be great.

I am currently using a 36' Great Dane Champ that has band brakes. So I am welcoming the huge upgrade that is to come.

2. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

I have both machines. They are phenominal! thats all i really have to say. Besides a slow leak in my left tire they have run outstanding for me. Sometimes i tend to be a little to aggressive with my equipment, like pushing it to hard, well i do that and both respond great for what i need them for

good luck pal.

3. David W

Thanks that's good to hear...how do you like the ECS controls on them. I am coming form pistol grips. Do you like them better for comfort?

I was on vacation in Philly and v-forge back in July for the 4th. Had a great time.

4. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

The ECS controls are awesome, your hands will never hurt like they do now with the pistol grips thats for sure, u will love the new Exmark.

5. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark to me is the best wlkbehind ever!!! Once you get Ecs you will never switch to anything else.

6. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

the only part of the ecs that i don't like is the top safety lever. once you catch them and bend one it's almost imposable to get it to feel comfortable again.

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We use 36" Exmark hydro's. They cut better than anything else we've seen. Plus a 36 can be used on more properties than a 48. (for larger areas we run John Deere zero-turn riders)

8. David W

Thanks guys for the replys. I found a couple good Exmark TT WB 48" cut for sale on EBAY but I really need a 36" for smaller yards and my own.

Might have to bite the bullet and buy new.

Sounds like I will be happy with the mower and the ECS controls.

"Stay safe and always carry extra line with you"

9. jbjb

jbjb LawnSite Member
    from SE MI

Not sure where you're at in IN, but there is a nice 48" hydro for sale here in SE MI.

The guy emailed me back the details, but I really want to stick with a 36" so I don't think I'm going to get the 48".

Here's his post from another site:
    48 Turf Tracer with extras FS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

48 Exmark TTHP, electric start, 17 hp Kaw, with velke, 3 sets of blades (mulch, gator, high lift), OCDC guard, new mulch kit, new battery. $3000/bo. Good shape, runs great.

email cjpawluk@comcast.net for pics

10. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

NIce nice! Its all abs raising the deck a little harder then the pistols not a big deal tho

where in Filyyyyyyyyy did you go? and did you grab a cheese steak?