1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need opinions on echo 225

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Hotshot MO, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Hotshot MO

Hotshot MO LawnSite Member

just starting out and looking to buy my first piece of real equipment. my dad has a poulan and a cheap curved shaft weedeater for around our house. the poulan pooped out last week and I just don't feel like running the weedeater through 15-20 residential yards next year. our local dealer has a brand new echo 225 for $219 plus taxes. I like the way it feels but I couldn't find any decent reviews on this machine by searching lawnsite. we also have a stihl dealer in town, thinking maybe a fs90 is comparible??? but its defintly more expensive and im not made of money yet. thanks. im leaning more towards th eecho anyways because of great dealer support and ive heard stihl auto heads are a PITA to re string.
  2. ohbuckhunter

ohbuckhunter LawnSite Member

I have 3 225s n never had a problem with it. I actually like the 225 over my 265s. But that imo
  3. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've used stihl and echo. Echo or atleast the one I used (srm 265 I think) was defimatley lighter tham the stihl. Its great for weekly stuff. However the stihl had a lot more power and was a few pounds heavier
  4. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

A Echo 225 is comparable to a Stihl FS55R
    A Fs90r is comparable to an Echo 280

For a start-up a 225 would be great! Just get the speedfeed head with it.