Need opinions on Red Hawk walk behind.....please...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by palawnman, Feb 9, 2006.

1. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

I am in the market for a walk behind.....I just ran across a 48" Hydro Red Hawk. I just saw it briefly, it is a demo from last year. I am not familiar at all with Red Hawk, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some info about this walk bhin..good or bad. Also the price he gave me was for $2800. If you guys need any other info to give a better advice, let me know and I will call him and get more info. Thanks in advance.

Ron:dizzy:

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

There was a thread on this last week. A member here Bobby Gedd had one and only kept it a short time and sold it. Maybe do a search for redhawk mower and you can find the post

wayne

3. palawnman

from PA

Found it, thanks....I guess its not great quality.

Ron

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

THEY r not the best to run for a long time hard on the hands

5. palawnman

from PA

how is the quality?? Meaning will it hold up, or break right from the beginning? Its mainly going to be a backup, or at most a secondary mower on bigger properties. Its not something that I will be using on every lawn. I have a ZTR for that. I just want something for a backup w/o spending $5000. I was hoping to spend around $2000 for a used one, but I thought that maybe this would be a little better since it is basically new. Thanks for the info.

Ron

6. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i bought one two summers ago from i guy i knew(he thought how easy it was to cut grass) he used it for 2 months i paid $1000 for it use it a back up and on a few lanws that are easier with 2 w/b than a w/b and ztr. has held up no problems other than a belt but that was first guys mistake . good mower for a back up or a few lawns

7. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

I used to have a link, cant find it to a place called the smallenginewharehouse. If you were going to spend 2800 for a red hawk wb they have the bradley 48 for 1500.00-why not take a chance with one of those instead? Bradley is sold under several names unless Im wrong. Hope this helps.

8. palawnman

from PA

thanks for the info guys, the thing that I really liked about it was that it was a hydro and basically new. I didnt think that it would get much better price wise for a hydro. I am going to keep looking around and I am actually going to call him back to see if that is the best price he can do. he did say that he would throw in the velke for an extra $100, he said that is normally $200. So for everything it would be $2900 plus tax. I dont know if there is much more room to move, but if I can get it for $2500 or $2600 I would be pretty happy. If I like it when I try it out. Thanks again!

Ron

9. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I would not recommend one. They are made in China and they are a lot lower quality than any american made mower. Their just a waste of maney in my opinion. You would probibly spend more time working on it than you would mowing with it. They use american engines and transmissions but everything else is chinese.

10. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

But come on thats not a bad price, As we all know you get what you pay for