Need opinions on this truck....

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mowerbrad, Jan 29, 2010.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Okay guys, I need some opinions on this truck. I just found it tonight from a dealership about 20 minutes away. The price seems a little too high for it though, I'd have to see if they would take less.

Here's the link... http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ctd/1575009351.html

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

261,000 miles??!!! Yeh that truck is WAY to high!

3. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

I personally wouldn't pay 19k for a 261k 2004. Even if its diesel and they last long.. . nah

4. mowerbrad

I have really no problem with the miles since it has another 100k+ before any major repairs, so long it has been well taken care of by its previous owner. The truck has everything I want and then some, so if I make an offer it'd be like $14000.

5. silverado212

silverado212 LawnSite Senior Member

They don't want much do they. lol I would have to see maintenance records on it. Alot of other stuff can go wrong. It could nickle and dime you to death.

6. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Yeh maybe $12k...Theres so much that can go wrong if not taken care of. now a 7.3 or a cummins? Id take it no prob. But the Duramax is a complicated engine..

7. mowerbrad

Well, I'm going to look at a 97 dodge cummins 3500 tomorrow. My only problem with that is it is a year older than my current truck and has 300k on it. I've been pretty set on a duramax since I decided to start looking for a "new to me" truck. I've driven chevy and ford diesels, but not yet a cummins. So far I like the duramax the best. I'm mainly looking for something that will get good highway mpg's and last a while. This duramax is the 2nd generation, so it has relatively few problems. I'll be spending enough money on the new truck that I want to make sure I get something that is EXACTLY what I want and will last a while. I'm so picky about the truck I want, its hard for me to find one that meets my criteria.

8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

The truck is priced at least $10,000 too high. The engine might have a little bit of life left in it but everything else on the truck is a ticking time bomb! For $19,000 you can find an 04 or 05 with 60-80,000 miles.

9. meador56

meador56 LawnSite Member

Bet those guys didn't put 10k in that truck. If you don't believe it put a tag on it and take to the next town and see what they offer. Have a buddy in sales that puts 90-100k on new truck every 14-18 mos. Just traded '08 Ram 3500 srw black 4X4 loaded got about 23k for it. It was black and chrome nice truck. 20k well shopped =nice truck.

10. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

I was about to say, if youre willing to spend that much you can get a much lower mileage truck for that price..