Need opinions on this truck....

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mowerbrad, Jan 29, 2010.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

These duramax's are hard to come by, and around here they seem to be on the higher side for price. My mechanics really like the duramax engines, before I buy any truck I will be having them go through the whole truck and make sure it is in good shape. The last duramax I found near me was an '02 chevy ext. cab, 4x4, several cosmetic issues, service engine light on, and tranny leak, 220k....It was going for $9500 at the dealer.

I do have a guy looking at some of the online auctions for me. He finds me about one or two trucks each week. Usually they are from georgia, so they have a cleaner underbody than trucks from up here have.

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

3. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

4. mowerbrad

The first one isn't diesel, so thats out. The second one would work, but its a long box and I want a short box....yes I know the 8' box will be more useful but I am dead set on the short box. I'm also not a huge fan of dodge, not to say that I won't consider it at all. I want to do it right this time and make sure I am going to be happy with my new truck for the next 8-10 years.

5. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

whoops! forget the first one then, i misread. I was lookin for long beds, there were more short beds..

6. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Then you dont need to be gettin that dmax..

7. mowerbrad

I only put maybe 12000 miles a year on a truck. So its not like I'm driving constantly, I'm on the highway 2-3 days a week and the rest is around town. My first choice will be a duramax. I'm not a fan of the powerstrokes unless its a 7.3. I'm fine with cummins but I don't like the dodge transmissions. I like the dmax/allison combo on the GM's. The dmax trucks have come with high recomendations from the people I talk to. So a dmax truck will always be my first choice.

8. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

But are you planning on growing? My first year i put 12-13k on my truck that year. second year 20k, then third i was up to 30k a year. Just gotta think about this....Just keep looking. Youll find the right one, for the right pice.

9. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

10. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

While does it seem like every truck for sale out of texas has one of those huge grill guards on the front??