need opinions please!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hawkeye, Jan 3, 2008.

1. hawkeye

hawkeye LawnSite Member

I am searching for a entry level commercial ztr in the range of 5-6 thousand. I am currently considering the cub commercial enforcer 48 for 4900 and the bobcat fastcat for 4900 as well. The cub has a 21 kawi and the bobcat has a 19 kawi- are the cuts the same? The dealer I am dealing with reps both but seems to be leaning me more toward the cub because he says it rides better because the deck isn't supported by chains like the fastcat. I also believe he mentioned something about the cubs independent front suspension is much better than the fastcat's fixed. Which model do I lean toward or what other models are out there in the light commercial range for the same buck?- thanks a lot.

2. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Wright Sentar Sport in 52 in. Buy now while the channel partner discount is on.

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I like the Bobcat mowers. I have a couple of them and have had previous machines as well that were sold recently. If you are looking in the 5-6 grand range, the fastcat is there. I would also throw the idea out of putting a down payment down and financing one of the Procat ZT200 series Bobcats. The Fastcats are not to bad but I'm not to sure about the hydro systems they run on them. Yes, they are a commercial machine with commercial componets but they are still young on the market.
    The ZT200 series has not changed a lot except for some deck baffles and a better seat as well as wider front tires. Since you are only looking at a 48" deck, you can probably get a full size Bobcat procat Z for maybe 7000-7500. You'll have a better heavier duty machine that you will be able to grow into. Should you decide to get out of the biz, you'll be able to get better resale on the machine. JMO