Need Organic Everything Killer

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, May 29, 2008.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Hi guys, I need something all natural that will kill any plants, weeds, grass that may grow in a pea stoned area. what should i get? thanks

2. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Am I wrong in recommending vinegar? I believe tech terra has an organic nonselective weed killer, or maybe it was green gaurdian. I don't know, I forget.

3. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

vinegar from the supermarket

4. DeepGreenLawn

it has to be a certain type, I am not sure which one it is but it is not your typical vinegar. It has to be stronger, I think it's a higher percentage? I need to get some myself soon.

5. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Personally I like FIRE, use a weed torch they are about $15 at the hardware store. I have one that I have used for years and years

6. DeepGreenLawn

is there a particular one or kind to look for? What specifications do you want to look for? I am all about fire!

7. ICT Bill

They have them in almost every hardware store, it has an adapter for the propane tank with about 6 or 8 feet of black hose and a long handle with a regulator and spring handle to BLAST FIRE. The opening at the end is probably 4 inches around. It probably covers an 8 or 10 inch swath. At a slow walk you can cover quite a bit with it pretty quick

Do not use it on flagstone patios though, it will tear it up

8. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

fire or black plastic if your rocks are not supposed to be black from fire.

one word of caution about rocks, wait till they are dry or there can explode with the heat!!!! just ask a fire man to tell of what happens to brick and concrete in fire

9. ICT Bill

I use it all the time on brick walkways, No problem mon, no black either mon except for the weeds

thats my rasta accent, wadda think mon
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. Elden

Elden LawnSite Member