Need Part Time Help North Alabama

Discussion in 'Employment' started by B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc, Jan 31, 2006.

1. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

Guys, I need at least 2 part time people for mainly afternoon and weekends in the Marshall or Blount County areas in North Alabama. These people will work directly with me on landscaping and mowing after normal hours when my regular crews are gone home. If you are the right person or know anyone living in my area please let them know. Please call my office line at
    (256) 878-2640 and leave a message. I will call you back. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ONLY PART TIME BUT COULD BE UP TO 40 HRS INCLUDING NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS. SERIOUS INQURIES ONLY AND PEOPLE NOT AFRAID OF HARD WORK!!

2. LandscapePro

LandscapePro LawnSite Member

Why not just work longer? I'm afraid I don't quite understand the reasoning behind your request.

Mike
    La. Landscape Contractor #2576

3. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

Mike, My reasoning is this. My regular hands make very good pay for this area as they are seasoned employees. Some do work more than 40 hrs, some like to work 40 and go home to be with family. On any given day 90 degree weather after about 6 hrs your productivity rate drops dramatically and your guys can fatigue to the point they don't enjoy coming to work if you work longer hrs. So i get part time or high school kids with a drive to work and use them since they are fresh and ready to work and you don't have to pay as much as your seasoned employees. Has always saved me money in the long run by cutting out excessive overtime with the lower productivity.
    Ryan