need pergola fixtures

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, May 27, 2009.

1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

I am doing an estimate for an outdoor living area and I need ideas for stainless steel fixtures to mount to a pergola.

This is a contractor's own home, he has one sweeping archway/pergola over 4 different cooking areas (two smokers and a very wide grill). He requested LED's (because that's what he saw out west) and he wants visible stainless steel fixtures (matching parts of his equipment), perhaps on stems?

He is using the area to showcase the outdoor living kitchens/stoves/etc. that he sells from his retail location. What's sweet, is that he already has prep-work complete for concealing wires and accessing power for various planters and other features he is building.

Also, I need help for outdoor switching of a controller. The products I see are for indoor mounting or desktop. He wants at least two circuits with switchable on/off from the grilling area. There will be cabinets built into stonework with power available in there. He also asked about a remote switch?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Mike Not sure what type of fixtures your thinking of but we can make fixtures that resemble stainless steel....any of our copper or brass can be coated in Titanium Knight finish to resemble Stainless Steel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mike M

from usa

Joey, that is so cool.

Do you happen to have any pics of fixtures in visible locations hanging from pergolas? (the pic doesn't have to be a fixture in stainless steel)

I'd like to specify something today if possible.

Mike

4. JoeyD

Here are some pics of our new Saturn-I (inverted), it wouldnot use an LED however but would come with a 20w 10K hr lamp and could be ordered with a 10w 20K hr lamp.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We also have our Envoy and Enterprises
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We have actual chain hanging lights like the Observer and comet. The Comet can be used with an LED MR16

[​IMG]

5. Mike M

from usa

Thanks, man! That was fast.

I would imagine that the shrouded down lights you have would also look good on the pergolas.

6. JoeyD

7. JoeyD

here was a fancy pergola that we designed. It used all Side Mount Probes and Comets!

[​IMG]

8. worx

worx LawnSite Senior Member

Joey how did you run the wire in that fourth photo,....through the timber?

9. JoeyD

all the wire was laced on top of the timber and then covered with wood corner molding and stained to match....

10. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Mike, for controls you may look to ABT. The RF would be easier if you are looking for just simple zone control switching. A simple hand held remote or wall mounted transmitter would be just the thing if it is mounted inside on of the cabinets.