1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Photos/Art for trucks & brochures

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MidAtlantic, Nov 9, 2004.

1. MidAtlantic

MidAtlantic LawnSite Member

I have been doing hardscape landscaping for years with very little focus to maintenance. This coming year we are looking to start a new division. So this winter we are looking to put together some brochures, flyers, postcards, business cards and truck billboards. The only problem is all the pic I take just dont have that professional look.

I was wondering if there was anybody out there that would be willing to share some some photos of high end landscaping and lawn properties or if you know of a place I can purchase these pics? I am having a professional outfit create some designs for me.

-Need pic of the front of a house with landscaping and lawn stripes.

-Need pic of maybe a residential or commercial plant bed with lots of blooming colors.

-Maybe some pics of commercial landscaping and lawns.

***by the way I am in the Northern Virginia Market just outside of DC just so know what area this marketing material will be in*****

If the pics are good I have no problem paying for them or sharing the final designs.

Look forward to your reply.
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Have you spoke with your designer about this? Sometimes they have a pic of their own they will use, but usually with a charge.
  3. MidAtlantic

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have spoken with the designer and they do have stock royalty free photos that they bought on disc but everybody uses then. You may have noticed that there is one house being used in everybodies ads. Its from the same disc that all the graphic companies purchase.

If I am going to spend the money on a clean professional image I want some nice pics. Its kinda to late in the year for me to head out the the projects I have done in the past. Plus these are all hardscape design build images. I thought one of you guys might have the professional looking images that I desire or know where I can get them...

Hopefully someone out there can help.
  4. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

kinda like combing your hair is easier when it's wet.
  5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

midAtlantic, check out photodisc.com and corbis.com
    these are the 2 largest stock providers (microsoft and getty images own them) and price is based on use, such as less cost for web images (lower resolution) to higher cost for print use (high res).

i have used them many times with great satisfaction and the time savings/cost benefit is great compared to setting up a pro photo shoot.

6. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Midatlantic, you mean something like this?

7. MidAtlantic

Yes like that but not one that 100's of people are going to use. Funny thing is I have searched those photo databases. I found one which was the best home, landscape, and lawn pic they had and come to find out it is the same one my competitor is using on his mobile billboard. Stock photos can be nice but custom is always better.

I was going to insert a pic of a Landscape truck with really nice artwork but the file is way too big. So if you want to see it send me an email and I will forward it to you.