Need Price Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn perfection, Mar 17, 2003.

1. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

Have to give a bid on a 6acre residential property. Never had to bid on one this size, its mostly open and flat, any help would be nice(this place is about 30miles from my other jobs)
    Thanks, Duke

2. lawn perfection

I guess I posted this in the wrong place.Does no one mow this size property! Or is this a hint to stay away form this job.If I'm wrong someone please give me some advice.
    Thanks Duke

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of equipment do you intend on using on a property this size?

4. lawn perfection

I have a 60in Lazer 27hp and a 48 w/b for any tight or hilly areas.
    Thanks Duke

5. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

I used to do a similar size property with 80-100 trees. It would take me about 3.5 hours using a JD M653 54" for around the trees and a JD F-935 72" for the wide open mowing. So, you could figure maybe 4 hours tops at whatever hourly rate is common for your area. If you think it is worth it to drive that far you could another $25 for fuel.

6. Ajays

Ajays LawnSite Member

I would try to charge $50/acre which would be $300/cut. If this is a $1200/month client then the 30 min drive shouldn't be a big deal. Also you can try to pick up other new business in the area.

7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

as with any property it is hard to name a price with out seeing it. i wouldnt say walk away from it, if you feel you can handle it then more power to you and by all means go for it. what about trimming? what about edging? remember often there is much more to a job then just cutting. if this property is surrounded by fencing there is gonna be a whole lot of trimming to be done. best of luck