Need prices on backpack blowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ryno23, Aug 1, 2005.

1. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

looking at stihl or shindaiwa. what should i expect to pay for a stihl br420,br550 or shindaiwa 630 and the 500 series can't remember exact number. the stihl dealer said $529 for 420, i knew that was way too high from looking around the site. can anyone help me out. THANKS

2. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Ryno where you at in LA?

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I can tell what I can get them for here in NC:

Stihl 420 $299.99
    Stihl 550 $399.99
    Shin EB630 $399.99

4. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

splatz, i'm in north central louisiana. around ruston and jonesboro. what about you? i'm leaning towards the stihl, i've used the 420 and liked it and i like the look of the new stihls.

5. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in Lafayette, I was stuck when buying my Stihl. The new ones were still rare, but my dealer was unable to get the 420, so I ended up with the 340. I will will be buying a shindaiwa next season, probably the eb630rt. Also will be getting a 52", probably hustler or gravely

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Go for the BR600 if you are leaning towards Stihl.

But if your Stihl dealer wants $529 for the BR420 I'd hate to think what he would ask for the BR600.
    Sounds like that dealer is trying to rip you off. Use the MFG's online dealer locators and see if you can come up with better pricing. If not, then I'd look to other brands.

7. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

You need to do some research on here if you are even thinking about getting a Stihl blower compared to Shin or Redmax. No comparison, the only people who recommend Stihl blowers are people who have never owned both. I have nothing against Stihl's love their trimmers especially the FS 250. I have had all three blowers and I took the Stihl back to the dealer after one use, thought something was wrong because it was so underpowered compared to the Redmax I had stolen from my trailer. The dealer said it was running fine so I gave it back to him and ordered a Shin since he does not carry Redmax. I was as happy with the Shin as the Redmax (basically the same blower, probably made on the same assembly line). Now I have two Remaxes and one Shin.

8. south jerz

south jerz LawnSite Member

why don't you bag the other brands and buy the best blower on the market, the Redmax 8000?

9. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out ebay....always some good deals on there.

10. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

Red max 7001 $379 at STI....stop looking best blower on the market hands down we've tried them all.