Need Pricing Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jcs Lawn and Landscape, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

Jcs Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Member

hi i am an extremly hard worker and ive been doin landscaping and lawn mowing for about three years but i think i am charging everyone to little and now i am looking to make more i need pricing help on the following

Lawn Mowing price for each time starting at 1/4 acre going up to 2 acres

Mulching price per yard

Labor charge per hour for weeding, planting, and all that other good stuff

And fall and spring clean up prices

PLEASE HELP ME OUT

2. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I just try to figure how long it is going to take me and charge an hourly rate. Like to get around $30 per hour or so. I have gotten pretty good at the guesstimating thing.

3. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

is that per person

4. ProCare Lawn Service

Yes, per man hr. 2 people @1 hour = $60, etc.

5. ProCare Lawn Service

Lots of people don't like to figure it by the hour, but it works best for me.

6. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

see i was pulling weeds for this ladie i mean like a quarter acre worth of land that was filled with them in the flowers and rocks and i had my bro work with me and i charged the ladie 15 dollars per person and finished in three hours so it came to 90 and the lady was complaining

7. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Okay, this has worked for me but you may have to adjust it depending on your area.

I look at a lawn and estimate how long it will take me and not how much to charge. Keep your head away fromt he dollar signs. If a lawn looks like it's going to take me about 45 minutes, then I pull out the 60/hr rule and gauge it. Is it an easy lawn? Easy access, easy trimming, easy grass, then maybe it's closer to 38-40. Does the access suck, grass thick, hilly, curvy...then it's closer to 45-48.

8. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

And do they drive a beat up Chevy or a new Cadillac??!!!

9. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

It's not a crime 2 make a profit..gas>+..cost of living>+,ele,phone+TAXES++++++++JOIN THAT CLUB! THEY KNOW! Get an english teacher 2 write letter 2 xplain these points...good luck..rich in mich

10. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you give her the price ahead of time?
    I would complain, too if a 15 year old wanted 15 bucks an hour to pull weeds.