Need Pricing Help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Enforcer, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

This is at a property that I mow. Someone hit the fire hydrant this winter and they had to dig it all up to fix the hydrant. I need to take out all the rock, level it off a bit, put some landscape fabric or plastic down, plant 1 new shrub, and put the rock back in. I don't know how long it will take me (I'll have 1 good helper with me) or how much to really charge. I am fairly new to the landscape side of the biz. I really just want to get a ballpark figure of what to charge. Thanks for your help!

storms 006.jpg

2. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

You should be able to get the stone for cheap. I would go with $400 depending on the shrub you choose.

By the way, black mulch in there instead of rock would look GREAT against the yellow curb.

3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i'd charge around 240 for labor. shouldnt take more than 3 hours to complete.

4. Lawn Enforcer

We are going to be using the same rock, and reusing most of it.

5. Lawn Enforcer

Yeah, it will be me and a local teacher from my church's grade school, he worked for a city mowing crew for 2 years and a landscape construction firm for 5 years during college. So I guess you could say he has a little experience!

6. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

From the picture it looks as if there is alot of bare spots.

7. Lawn Enforcer

A lot of the rock is piled up, I will need a little bit more rock, but not much-

8. Lawn Enforcer

I'm thinking $350- the shrub will be cheap, I just checked.