need pump or drive help !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by befnme, Sep 26, 2006.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

make sure your dump valve is fully closed. make sure your belt on that side is good. make sure you have enough fluid. post back

3. befnme

ok the only thing that i can figure is that the pump is allowing to much fluid to return to the tank and not go to the high pressure lines to the motor . my question now is, can i restrict the return line to increase the pressure going to the motor ?

4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I am still not sure what the problem is. 1) left side is pulling more than right
    and you are not sure whether it is a pump or motor?
    Can you easily change the lines from the pump and switch left and right and see if the problem transfers to the other side?

5. RockSet N' Grade

Another question: Does the weak side (left) run smooth and just a lack of power or do you have any jerky type movements?

6. RockSet N' Grade

shoot.....better than all that, go to grasshoppermower.com and explain to a tech there all your symptoms and I am sure they will fire back the quickest and best fix!

7. befnme

it is smooth ,just weak. i adjusted the linkage all the way so i could get a little more power out of it but it still runs very slow

8. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

you may hear some "clicking"when engaged it is a sign of the cylinder block inside .....some of the "cylinders" are locked up.......i had a similar problem

so it mmay be the pump not the wheel motor....pump can be rebuilt fairly reasonably

9. befnme

thanx for the replies guys..........:waving: