1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need quick quote (Ryan Lawnaire IV) Aerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TurfPro, Jun 21, 2003.

1. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a USED Ryan Lawnaire IV aerator,,,but it's only been used 1 time ,,,if at all,,I mean its like BRAND NEW.Not even any dirt on it,no scratches,etc. What's a good price for this thing? I'm going to bid on it tomorrow,so I need quotes on it's value ASAP.

Thanks

2. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

Surely someone has priced a used Ryan Lawnaire IV sometime in their life??? I know they are around 2000.00 new,but how much are they worth used? I really need to know this morning before I go bid on it.
    Thanks

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

It probably doesn't matter much. He will probably insist on getting most of his money back. If its as clean as you say, you might get a little off the original price and save yourself sales tax.

4. I sold one 3 years old, lots of hours, for 1200.
    Around here even a ratty old POS 4 will bring 900 minimum.
    I think you would be lucky to get it for 1500- suppose it depends on how bad he needs the $.

5. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

Ok, I just got back from buying it,,,you guys will never believe me when I tell ya the price,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

$ 375.00 :D :D :D

No joke 375.00 and it's cleaner than you'd believe I'll post a pic later on. Not a single scratch to be found.

6. mpflood

mpflood LawnSite Member

yer right i dont believe it!

7. The engine alone sells for $400 for a B&S with a 6:1 reduction on it.

8. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

LGF:

It's funny you said that because I took it to a buddy of mine that works on a golf course and he said the same thing. He said you can usually count on the engine prices alone being $100.00 a HP.I guess it's just a "rule of thumb" to generally go by. It is the 6:1 / Briggs engine.
    I think the main reason I got it so cheap is because it was a bankruptcy auction and very few people even knew what it was.Most of the locals thought it was a tiller. :p

9. At that price I would have bought it whether i needed it or or not.
    I'd could use it for back up, parts, resale. Anyway a great deal for you.

10. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

Bob Minney,

That's what I decided too....... I missed out on what I really could have used ,,a Little Wonder 3 wheel blower.It went for $380.00 and a Bluebird Dethatcher went for $450.00(It was brand new)...What's so hilarious is people were going crazy for the cheapo 89.00 push mowers,,some were paying $125.00 + for something they could have bought at Wal-Mart for 80-90.00.... go figure:rolleyes: