Need quick response please!!!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Duramaxsle1, May 27, 2007.

1. Duramaxsle1

Duramaxsle1 LawnSite Member

Question......I am going to be doing a job where a customer wants the heads to shoot like the look of a golf course, I'm thinking Hunter I-25 or I-40. I have 24 gpm at 78 psi, I will be using 1 1/4" poly feeding 1" zone lines.

Can I use 1" valves or go to 1 1/2"?
    How many heads can I put on the zone?
    I-25 or I-40?

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Why don't you go look at the hunter performance charts for the I-25.

Instead of asking us to do your homework for you.

BTW, your PSI is good, but 24 GPM is going to get sucked up fast by I-25's. Also you do realize those heads throw 50+ feet, do you have that kind of space?

http://www.hunterindustries.com/Products/Rotors/i25data.html

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

How about going to the Hunter web site instead of bothering us about friction
    loss & gpm/psi? I'm liking I-25s these days..poly has lotsa friction loss...
    should think about solid swing joints..swing pipe won't cut ithunterindustries.com

4. Dirty Water

Your looking at around 6 heads per zone if you were to use the smallest nozzle available to the I-25. Which won't look like a golf course sprinkler.

The look of sprinklers is secondary to the function of sprinklers. If your client wants to look at them, then tell him to pony up the money for a water source that can provide 50 GPM at 100 PSI and you'll get him some good 75' throw :)

5. Duramaxsle1

Yes I have the room, that's why I am thinking of them! I haven't used them before and was looking to see who has Jon, don't be such a jerk!!!!

6. Dirty Water

I can't think of any system's I've done using I-25's that didn't have 2" laterals down to 1" at the last head, and a 2.5" to 4" main.

Probaly because heads like this take major GPM. Not 24 gpm.

If you get my drift :)

7. Duramaxsle1

I thought a forum was to talk and share thoughts, idea's and experiences?
    I know what the charts say, just looking for opinions!

8. Duramaxsle1

Ok, let's try this, what would you use? I-20's?

9. Dirty Water

If you knew what the charts said, you would know exactly how many heads you could use...You would also know that your pushing it with 24 GPM through a 1" valve.

Sorry I'm moody, I did my first install in 4 months this weekend and my hands have gotten soft :)

It all boils down to cost effectiveness.

At 24 GPM, your only going to be able to use like 5-6 heads top per zone, and they are going to throw a comparable distance to a PGP (You might get 5' more) So you do you really want to blow all that money for no real gain?

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

So.............?????????