1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need rainbird backflow diagram info.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Russo, May 30, 2002.

1. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know where ( on the web ) I can find diagrams for a Rainbird 1 1/2 inch backflow preventer. Not sure of specific model.

Thanks in advance.
  2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

They were made by one of the big 3, Watts, Wilkins or Febco. Contact a RainBird distributor or RainBird direct.
  3. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Harold, speaking of back flows, I just installed a Febco (usually use a Wilkins) today and was disappointed with the quality. It was made in China and the casing was very rough. Not the usual quality I have seen in the other makes. Have you noticed this?
  4. May want to look @ RainBirds's site. rainbird.com
  5. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

I only buy Watts 800M4 FR or Watts RPA (occasionally). The 800M4 is a nice unit to service compared to the others and the finish deems OK to me. Look at one at a distributor if you can. Just unscrew the top BY HAND to get the goodies out.
  6. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, guys. Checked all over Rainbird sites. Will try the manufactures you mentioned.
  7. greasemonkey

greasemonkey LawnSite Member

conbraco's are pretty cheap and they're easy to service too...the top unscrews just like a watts......rainaid doesn't carry them though