1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need recomendation for new weedeater +please help+

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by masterofgrass, Jun 1, 2005.

1. masterofgrass

masterofgrass LawnSite Member

ok heres some background, im 16 and mow about 6 or 7 yards a week with a friend and make around 140-150 a week which is almost completely saved to pay off a car and save for college and everything was going great until my piece of s*** weedeater goes out. It had been steadily dieing for about a month and 2 days ago i couldnt start it. my dad and i worked on it for about an hour and we pulled it so many times the chord broke. the worst part is i bought it brand new less than a year ago. bottom line, i need a quality weedeater with a straightshaft and can easily be used as a edger for under 150 that will never fail, yall must have some advice so help me please

later from atx
  2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

There is no weedeater that will never fail. You won't even get a good one for 150$ and under. Go up over 200$ and you will get a decent one
  3. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, you remind me of the guy on the homeowner forum a year or so ago: All he wanted was a new ZTR, professional quality, at least 54" cut and he was sure one of us could steer him to a model he could buy for no more than $3500.

Go to your Echo or Stihl dealer, and while they may not have a straight shaft for under $150, they have curved shaft models for that, and the reliability will be a lot better than Craftsman, Weedeater, etc.
  4. gwwilson

gwwilson LawnSite Member

echo 260 price $299.......................
  5. Gibs

Gibs LawnSite Member
    from canada

toro almost 330$
  6. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl FS-55 or Echo PB-210 are excellent starter trimmers
  7. Gibs

Gibs LawnSite Member
    from canada

has anyone ever tired a edger attachment on one of their trimmers? i have a toro which allows me to add a edger and a few other attchments? how r they anyone?
  8. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

spend the money and buy a stihl or a redmax remember you get what you pay for.. u buy good stuff it will last 10 years easy..
  9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

stihl fs 55 ------ 200 bux
    robin nb2050-----200 bux
    both are good reliable trimmers, but none are good enuff to never fail

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

21.2cc Straight Shaft Trimmer / At Home Depot.

HTH...Joe :waving: