1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Referrals!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DFed913, May 10, 2006.

1. DFed913

DFed913 LawnSite Member
    from KC, MO

New lawn care (mowing, edging, etc - for now) business in the Belton-Raymore, MO area. Have 6 jobs at this point and now that all licenses and such are in hand would like to take on more...any and all referrals appreciated.

If you have questions, please ask!

Thanks so much!
  2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

God Bless You...
  3. DFed913

DFed913 LawnSite Member
    from KC, MO

Thank you.
  4. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Do you use a referral system for your current customers? Right now I am offering half price cuts to any of my customers who refer a new customer to me.
  5. DFed913

DFed913 LawnSite Member
    from KC, MO

Funny you should ask...we just discussed that yesterday and yes, we will be offering something like that here very soon.

We pick up our first round of flyers from print tomorrow...the thought for the referral system came right AFTER we finalized the order! :hammerhead: GO FIGURE...that's okay, we'll print some more!

Hey, thanks for your reply - appreciated!
  6. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

Hi, I've got one for you, mowing in Raymore PM me
  7. MowForLess

MowForLess LawnSite Member

Well, If you guys need a break in the Greenwood, Whiteland, Trafalgar or close proximity.....Let me know. Or to take over current accounts or referrals to new ones.Currently have about 50+ jobs still willing to take on more. PM me please. Thanks and have a great day!
  8. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

I started a new refferal program.. I send a thank you letter to all customers and explain a few policies and also include 3 fliers for them to hand out, please in the letter it says 1 referral is $10 off next invoice and 1 referral who signs a contract is $25 cash, 5 referrals who sign contracts is 2 months free mowing. I get ALOT of referrals.
  9. DFed913

DFed913 LawnSite Member
    from KC, MO

Wow, great ideas...we were considering the $10.00 off one actually..glad to hear it really works!