Need Remote Control for RB ESP-MC Controller

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JimLewis, Aug 15, 2007.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Does anyone have or know where I can buy a remote control unit that will work with Rain Bird's ESP-MC controller? RB quit making them a few years back and none of my local suppliers can get me one.

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

TRC commander....remotecontroltech.com

3. TRC also makes a sidekick exclusive for the ESP. in my opinion you are better off getting a commander or RAIN MASTER and doing a seperate pigtail hookup. That is how all our ESPs are set up plus we have a universal remote and not one exclusive to the ESP.

4. MarcSmith

i love my commander

there are a few place where the range is suspect, but its an urban environment....

I had a company do the install for me, and if I knew it was a simple of plugging the cards in and mounting the antenna I would have done it myself....But it was wrapped up with the Maxicom install....

5. TRC has been really smart on working with other clocks with their remotes. If they could just get rid of that delay between buttons.

6. MarcSmith

I agree it is annyoing, but Its better than not having a remote....

7. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Any delay is better than no remote at all. :)

Did you see my nice post on your university's help several years back? Can't remember now which thread it's in. :clapping:

8. MarcSmith

can't say i remember it....but if the commment came from you its probably suspect...:) kidding....

did you have a chance to visit?

9. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Now, now... I've always held Georgetown in the highest repect. :)

Didn't visit... just got info for a speech class many years ago from them and they were so helpful.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have pigtails in your other clocks, Jim? We find the Rain Master remote invaluable for service & winterize.