Need SCAG 52" Marbain High Lift blade part number

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CTservices, Sep 2, 2003.

1. CTservices

CTservices LawnSite Member

For a Scag 52" deck, factory marbain hi-lift blades. If I had scag's phone number I would call them.

Thanks

2. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

to my knowledge SCAG didnt make the marbain blades in a high lift. if you are talkin factory blades as in the ones that come w/ the machine, those are just regular/standard lift blades.

and BTW, the part # is engraved on the bottom of the blade(s).

also, SCAG isnt making the marbain blades anymore. they went back to notched foil/lip design.

3. CTservices

I was told the marbain high lift blades were one of the best to use. I am aware the part number is on the blades, all I have here are standard blades that came on the machine.

Thanks.

4. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Scags # (920) 387-0100 There Dist Power Tool # (800) 752-1780

5. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) CTservices the part # is 481711 for 18" HI SCAG Marbain Steel Blades,,, I just got some in last week, they cut great and sound alot louder that the mid or low's.....Marks Mowing Service

6. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

are they a solid foil blade or notched?

if they are notched, they arent marbain.

7. CTservices

Care to post a pic of one of your blades?

Thanks

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

CT,

Can't you just go to your dealer and either order them, or if they're in stock, buy them?

9. CTservices

Dealers around here don't care much about selling blades. You ask for Scag marbain blades, and they give you a funny look. :dizzy: Besides, its alot easier for me to ask you guys for a part number and make a few phone calls to the dealers with said part number and just ask for a price. :D

10. CTservices

Uh...huh...At $22 a blade,:eek: I think I'll stick to landscaper supply generic high lifts at $8 a blade. No problems with them.

Thanks for the replies.