Need semi load mulch in Kentucky

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by brentsawyer, Dec 4, 2003.

1. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

If anyone knows where I can get one semi load of mulch of dark hardwood mulch delivered in Lexington, KY, help me out. Thanks

2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

you could try Evans. They are based on the east side cincinnati but have satellite locations at different nurseries all around. I think one of thier sattellite locations is at Natorps garden center in Florence KY. You might give them a call. Not sure what a delivery charge would be for you but a call is free. They are by far the best around. Many many trucks, semis, store locations and by far the best material I have ever found. There # is (513) 271-1119.
    or www.evanslandscaping.com You might be looking at around 13 buck per yd or less. I think thier semi hold around 100 yds.they have dump beds or walker floors for unloading.
    Mkae sure to tell they you are wholesale. all you need is a business card or letterhead w/ company name on it. A vendors license to get it tax free.

3. jkelton

jkelton LawnSite Member

Another one is C&J Mulch out of Russellville. They also have good quality mulch.

4. Johnny

Johnny LawnSite Member

5. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Man -- I wish we had Evans in our area -- they look like a great operation. I could really use their soil mixes in my work!

6. bigshoe

bigshoe LawnSite Member

Well I guess there must be two Ohio mulches.The one I am thinking of is in Central Ohio (Columbus)he mite own the one in Cincinnati I do not know. there web address is.http://www.ohiomulch.us .I work there part time and he has pretty good prices and I do believe that he will truck it that far not sure though.The product is pretty good quality if you are interested I will give you the phone number so you can talk to somebody.

7. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Did some checking today and found a place in town that sells 50/50 compost/topsoil mix. It is real nice and supposedly is high in NPK and lasts much,much longer. It is $20/yard and will end up costing more but that will be passed on and the customer should be able to get 2 years before reapplication for 15-20% more. Thanks