Need Snow and other ideas for winter...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Jan 15, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have always done snow for money during the winter months for an income. But this winter Michigan has been hit really hard with the lack of snow, BIG TIME. Sure it gives me a lot more time to market for newer customers, (Proudly: already 7 new ones this week) but I need another way to make money during the winter months. Any suggestions????:confused:

2. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

What about delivering heating oil? That's a winter seasonal business. My second cousin owns an oil business and the guys work 60 hours a week sometimes during the winter. You'll need a cdl and hazmat for the job.

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I sell firewood during the winter but you should have already cut and split the wood during the spring so that the wood could season. Home repair and remodeling are other sources of income that are popular on this site during the wintertime.

Gravely_Man

4. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Move to the Lake Michigan lake shore we are getting snow now. 4 times in the last week.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

We're located in Clare right now, kind of wondering whether or not I should just move the whole operation to Gaylord or better yet Whitefish Point, LOL