need some advice on a ZTR purchase!!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DillonsLawnCare, Apr 21, 2008.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

A friend of mine has a 2005 Toro Z453 ZTR mower w/ turbo force deck. its got a 23 HP Kawasaki, Donelson air filter, and a suspension seat, and 2 sets of blades. its got around 250 hours on it. I've driven it and cut my grass with it and it does fine. nothing wrong with it. he pressured washed the deck and cleaned it up and put a new choke cable on and got it serviced etc.... and he's selling it to me for $4900. i think he payed somewhere around $6600.

is this a god deal? i would have to sell my walk-behind to be able to help pay for it. which is fine cause all i cut is acre + lots.

Give me your two cents.

thanks

2. DillonsLawnCare

no comments at all?....

3. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

If you trust your friend, buy it. You should know what you are looking at by now, you've been in business 2 years.

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Go for it. You will love a ztr compared to a walkbehind.

5. DillonsLawnCare

i forgot to add that if i buy it, ill have to work this winter to help pay for gas and have fun in the off-season. ill be getting my license this november, so ill need money to live on in the winter. if i get this mower ill have to put $3000 down and then pay off the other $1900 within 2 months. so I'm looking at at least 3 months of profit after that. i need about $3000 to coast through the winter.

any suggestions? thanks

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Your 15, what expenses do you really have?????

7. DillonsLawnCare

gas, insurance, repairs, miscellaneous(oil, filters, plugs,), partying, stuff, toilet paper, etc.... this is when ill be sixteen. looking ahead to the future.

8. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd get it but not until you can sell the walk-behind. Also, it may be a good idea to take it to a Toro dealer and have them inspect it for any problems and such you and your friend may not be aware of. They also may be able to give you new decals and such if the current ones are worn. Always nice to have your equipment in tip-top shape.

9. DillonsLawnCare

thanks for the input. i don't know if it will sell, with it being a belt drive and all.

10. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends, what would you ask for it?