Need some advice on Dimension

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CRM Lawncare, Feb 6, 2004.

1. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

I'm basically a mow and blow operation right now and I am looking to get licensed and move into pesticide applications. I'm going to experiment on my own yard with Dimension. I have previousely used the scots crabgrass preventer. The local company I'm going to buy from has 16-4-8, 22-0-6, 5-5-20 blends. I will be appling on a rye/tall fescue mix with a moderate amount of crabgrass. Which blend is best suited for this type of grass mix.

Thanks,

Charlie

2. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

CRM,

As far as your nutrients go, that up to you. There is not one program that someone would not raise an eyebrow on. If we could all do soil test and treat individual properties based on the S.T. results that would be great. Unfortunately that happens very infrequently.

When dealing with active ingredients, make sure you get the proper amount of Active Ingredient per acre on the ground.

My question to you is, How much active is in the bag? and what amount of Dimension do you want on the ground.

3. lawnguy26

lawnguy26 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Dimension won't kill exsisting Crabgrass. Only tiny sprouts that have just emerged.

4. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

16-4-8 would be my choice assuming all the Dimension percentages were in the .1 - .15% range.

5. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Crabgrass is dead now, but will emerge again apply in the spring aroung April 1-20th for best results. 16-4-8