Need some advice on NC pest. license exam

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CRM Lawncare, Feb 11, 2004.

1. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

I'm looking for some advice on specific areas to put a little extra study time into. It seems to me most of the application questions and the study book are common sense and shouldn't be extremely difficult. I'm pretty good on the calculations and conversions. Is there much on the exam about specific diseases (causes, treaments etc....). Any other areas you would advise to put a little extra study time into.

I'm taking the ornamental and turf section on March 15th.

Thanks,

Charlie

2. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, study the green book much more than you do the brown book.

Good luck on your test.

3. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

I just took the test today and I would suggest that you take the 2 day class instead of going in cold. I would be familar with the big white book and be familar with the thin green one also. Study both BEFORE you take the class. Alot on the test test is not specifically covered in the class. So Study Study...I will know in a couple of weeks how I did...

4. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

I took the test five years ago be sure and take the two day class before. I do not know how much has changed by now but the two day class is worth the information weather you take the test or not. Are you going to take the test in Raleigh.

5. turfcrazy

turfcrazy LawnSite Member

pretty easy test...if you have any experience or been to school it shouldn't be to hard....70% common sense...tommy

6. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

I'm taking the test at the local extension office. I work full-time and have auditors in the office for the next two months so the two day class isn't an option. I'll just study as much as possible and hope for the best.

Thanks for the info.

Charlie

7. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, if you cant go to a class, I didn't...

This is what you do.

The white book- the core stuff-- read this book ONCE!! Because most of it is just common sence, no memorization required.

Read the thin green book few times, those are your "non-common sence" questions.

I read both books once I think, and I got a 81% All the questions I missed were probably from that green book.

8. BLC3

BLC3 LawnSite Member

The test is not to bad if you study.
    The class is well worth it.
    Most of the test was from the green book.
    Good Luck!!

9. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

Learn the terms,know what they mean

10. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Test is super simple. All common sense. Read the laws section twice. Core material twice, and the ornamental-turf once. Also know how to calibrate, and figure out how much product you need for an area. I never took the classes, and just barely read over the info and got a 90/100 grade.