Need some advice on which brand pole pruner i should buy.

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by jakewells, Feb 21, 2014.

1. jakewells

jakewells LawnSite Member

First i have to say i have a lot of shaggy trees on my property and im looking into a gas model instead of electric because i do other yards for my family.
    There is only 4 cents between these two models that doesn't concern me but a fixed length model would be useless to me so telescoping it is.

Stihl HT-101----599.95 31.4 cc 16.3 lbs
    Echo PPT-266---599.99 25.4 cc 17.4 lbs the loop handle looks comfy.

i know the echo is 2 stroke and the stihl is a 4 mix and i have heard good things about them.But i can't make up my mind.

2. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

3. Jcl4slc

Jcl4slc LawnSite Senior Member

I would go with the Stihl. If it's out of your price range you can get a stihl kombi and attach a pollen pole saw on it.

4. jakewells

meh not going with the husky for the simple fact me and the husky dealer don't get along.

5. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I've got the the longest reach Echo and love it. Thing is a beast, smooth and plenty of power.

6. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a Stihl and it gets more run time than I ever thought it would. It also leaks from the chain oiler so there is a puddle in the shop floor. Overall a very profitable tool and worth the money. I can't say that its better than the Echo as I'm all Stihl because of dealer relations.

7. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I don't really think you can make a wrong choice on this one.

I agree with knox. We have one on each trailer now and use them a lot more than we thought we would.

Mine have been getting a lot of work trimming oak tree branches that are encroaching on roofs.

8. jakewells

thanks for the advice guys i believe im going with the stihl because of the friendship i have with the dealer there and i don't want to drive out of my way for the echo.