1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need some advice

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Roger Wilkerson, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Roger Wilkerson

Roger Wilkerson LawnSite Member

I have 3.5 acres, two of which I mow. I currently have a CC LT 1046 and it is not adequate to the task for several reasons, the primary one being the slopes. I am not sure how steep but I have darn near turned her over several times. I am starting a massive landscaping project this year which includes downsizing the mowed portion of the yard. Creating a buffer zone of mulch, rock etc, and returning the outer portions to native. I currently work 65 hours per week or more so I need to come up with a solution that will allow me to mow quickly, have a loader when I need it, run a box blade and aerate and seed as needed. I am thinking compact tractor but need some advice on what would be appropriate for my needs. The maintenance will be ongoing as well as a new project of cleaning up my woods forthcoming. Save me some time guys please. The last thing I want to do is over buy and end up with more machine than I can use.

1. mowing
    2. loader
    3. refurb lawn
    4. grading & plowing

Sorry for the length of my post, Roger