Need some advise

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DJ Contracting, Jun 2, 2005.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

Here is my problem. I picked up this account at a retail store with a signed contract for one year, the last two times that i went to cut i found that it had already been done. Now we checked with the store manager and her regional manager and they both say that this is my account. Now i came to the conclusion that the owner of the property has hired another company to cut the lawn. I'm going to try to get a hold of the property owner to let them know that the retail business is paying for the lawn care, in hopes of the property owner will release his lawn care company, and save himself some money.

2. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like this isn't going to end good for someone. Lets just hope its the other LCO.
    So are you still getting paid since there on a contract?

3. DJ Contracting

I haven't billed the store till i find out who and why they are cutting the lawn. has anybody else had this happen to them.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I wouldn't touch that account until it is straightened out.

5. DJ Contracting

my biggest thing is that i'm loosing money now.

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Understood, but if you service the account in any way you may not just lose potential income, but billable hours as well.

7. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

Signed Contract! WHO SIGNED IT? & R THEY RESPONSIBLE TO there bean counters?

8. DJ Contracting

Both store and regional managers and the bill is sent to the cooperate office.

9. dog245

dog245 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Sounds familar to me. I had an account with three local food and fuels. Two of them were Ok. However, one was being mowed by the previous years LCO. they figured that since they had not been contacted to DC operations that it was theirs. They got paid for their two mows and then we took it over. the confusion was caused by the corporate office of the client. They switched district managers and the previous one was a buddy of the competition. They were a little upset when they lost the account. Oh yea, why get nasty with me and tell me that next year it will be their account again? Oh well that was three years ago and guess who is still doing the mowing. Me!

10. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

dog245__I lov it..LOL!