1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need Some Adwords Advise..

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by whiffyspark, Apr 22, 2013.

1. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

You're looking at it. 2nd row of options, the "A" that I circled.

Highlight the text you want to change the color of and then hit that for color options.

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I'm working on it now. Installed Google Fonts as well

3. tonygreek

Try to keep yourself to two Google Fonts. Three or more and you will likely run in to load issues.

4. Mayor of Mow Town

Mayor of Mow Town LawnSite Member

I've been reading a bit about Adwords lately, but have minimal experience with it, so you can take the following advice with a grain of salt....

I think you may need different landing pages for each of your adverts, so that they are highly focused. e.g. gutter cleaning ad should go to a page that is 100% about gutter cleaning and nothing else; landscaping ads go to landscaping page, etc

The people clicking a gutter cleaning ad are looking for gutter cleaning. Give them what they want. You can upsell them on other services once you have secured them as a gutter cleaning customer.

Also agree with the formatting advice.

5. whiffyspark

Tony I used open sans and nothing else, like you said i don't want to kill the load time.

Is there a way to change the contact box color?

I changed the landing page to a brown font and made it easier to read

6. Mayor of Mow Town

Mayor of Mow Town LawnSite Member

Also, if your ad talks about a discount, I think your page should also mention the discount.

7. tonygreek

You'll need to edit the CSS for contactform7. You can do this via the WP editor of your style.css or a child theme style.

This example is straight from one of mine...

.contact_sb {
    padding: 15px 10px 10px 8px;
    background-color: #f86f2e;
    background-image:url('BG.png');
    background-repeat:repeat;
    -moz-border-radius: 10px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 10px;
    border-radius: 10px;
    color: #ffffff;
    }

As for your ads, as the mayor points out, you need to do a better job of tying the adwords ad to your page's content.

8. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

There is also nothing wrong with making a sales banner/ad on the page you land on out of an image. Properly optimized, you pay next to nothing in load times, can use the fonts and colors you want, shapes and other related art to boost interest when they land, then go ahead and make your pitch. Most image editors will do the job (although some are better than others at optimizing the size for the web).

I agree with the others that conversion with a visually uninteresting page that tries to cover too much ground is going to be difficult. Make your sales landing pages big and sexy, focused on one thing. Cover the "why you should want it right now" aspect from the customer's point of view, showing that you are addressing their needs and nothing else. When you give equal space to other services, you're not doing that.

Put you in their story, not vice versa.

9. whiffyspark

10. tonygreek

I think you should try converting the traffic you're getting before adding such a service. If you can't land a simple email address/phone, do you want to be creating a lengthier process to accomplish the same thing?