Need some expert advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by spat, Mar 5, 2003.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

It usually takes longer than this for the person to learn. Its amazing he hasn't been back with a success story yet. :rolleyes:

Number crunching and real life are 2 different things. This business MUST be grounded in reality.

2. spat

spat LawnSite Member

Sorry for not responding in a while, been real busy!
    250k gross 2 trucks running, looks like I can add 50k worth between the two routes . Should be the middle of march and I get to leave the field and do only sales/admin/quality control.
    Now have
    120+ cust, adding 5-10 a week
    1-61"bunton,
    1-48" w/b Bunton
    2-36"w/b toro's
    1-36" wright stander
    3 shinny t-230's
    2 fc-75
    2 shinny blowers
    1 br 340
    1 br420
    1 fs 80
    1 6.5x16 open
    1 6.5x12 open
    1 5x10 open
    And a bunch of other stuff, tired of thinking about it.
    One more thing.....Hoss, bite me!

3. spat

spat LawnSite Member

Sorry for not responding in a while, been real busy!
    250k gross 2 trucks running, looks like I can add 50k worth between the two routes . Should be the middle of march and I get to leave the field and do only sales/admin/quality control.
    Now have
    120+ cust, adding 5-10 a week
    1-61"bunton,
    1-48" w/b Bunton
    2-36"w/b toro's
    1-36" wright stander
    3 shinny t-230's
    2 fc-75
    2 shinny blowers
    1 br 340
    1 br420
    1 fs 80
    1 6.5x16 open
    1 6.5x12 open
    1 5x10 open
    And a bunch of other stuff, tired of thinking about it.
    One more thing.....Hoss, bite me!

4. spat

spat LawnSite Member

One more thing my "postage stamps"
    take 8-10min each now that I have a stander for them.

It took about a week to figure out how to do this simple minded mowing thing.
    And my "SCRUB BIDDING" is around $72 an hour.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Let me say, if you can prove me wrong I'm all for it. I help for others to make it. BUT, we've had several good liars lately. Some real tall tales. Since March until now many of us will find it real hard to believe you found that much work that quick. Also, as you pick up new customers they are not a full season yet. How can you possibly think we can believe the revenue you are saying? Like I said, if I'm wrong--great. But I'm right more times than I'm wrong. Been around long enough to know that things just are not that simple. I also have a degree in accounting, I know the costs and financial hazards of numbers.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Let me say, if you can prove me wrong I'm all for it. I help for others to make it. BUT, we've had several good liars lately. Some real tall tales. Since March until now many of us will find it real hard to believe you found that much work that quick. Also, as you pick up new customers they are not a full season yet. How can you possibly think we can believe the revenue you are saying? Like I said, if I'm wrong--great. But I'm right more times than I'm wrong. Been around long enough to know that things just are not that simple. I also have a degree in accounting, I know the costs and financial hazards of numbers.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Let me say, if you can prove me wrong I'm all for it. I help for others to make it. BUT, we've had several good liars lately. Some real tall tales. Since March until now many of us will find it real hard to believe you found that much work that quick. Also, as you pick up new customers they are not a full season yet. How can you possibly think we can believe the revenue you are saying? Like I said, if I'm wrong--great. But I'm right more times than I'm wrong. Been around long enough to know that things just are not that simple. I also have a degree in accounting, I know the costs and financial hazards of numbers

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Is that per man hour or as a whole?

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Hoss

You and I were both born at night. But not last night.

10. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Its easy to grow like that in florida if you work hard, and have a good amount of cash on hand.